Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 38

Oh what a week we have had! We've had rain, and sun, and fevers.  More specifically Ellie has had a fever this week and Finnley had a mild one for a couple of hours.  We have taken multiple peppermint baths, constantly checking foreheads with our scanner, and lots of extra family time.  I will tell you that keeping an unwell sister who is obsessed with her baby brother away from him is quite the challenge.  Séamus did not come out unscathed he does have a cough. So needless to say, we have been applying oils and rollers on all of us all day long.  No matter he has been quite the trooper and we have had a couple of nights where he slept the whole night long!



Sleeps: YAY!! we had a couple of nights where he slept through and it was glorious!! I'm not sure what we did to receive that but he was a champ.  This age is so hard with teeth coming in, working on new skills (standing), and then add in his cough and running nose.  I have still been trying to get him to fall asleep on his own (just like he does in the car) and have been able to achieve that during naps and a couple times at night as well.  Still a work in progress but also not that big of a deal because at some point he will sleep through the night every night in his own bed and then when will I get to cuddle him?


Eats: Séamus is getting quite used to being in a high chair and loves to join us in eating all the foods.  I want to say that he is more adventurous than Finnley was and he eats lots of things.  I said it before (and failed to do it) so I am going to be more intentional this time around, but I am going to continue to give Séamus all the foods in hopes that he will eat all the things starting at 1 when we transition off of the boob for a majority of his feedings.  He does still love to nurse (as do I) and I am not sure I can give that up in 3 months...so we will do it as long as he wants, for as short as he wants.  Sometimes he just wants a quick suckle and then he is done and he does get quite distracted at times but will not tolerate a cover...so we just deal with it.


Goes: this past weekend was Finnley's weekend. So we went to the beach, to an indoor play park, to the park, and did all of her favorite things!  Séamus had a blast going along for the ride and doing all the celebrations for Finnley.  The girls were still out of town with Thomas so Séamus and I made our way to Wiggleworks and he had a blast crawling around, checking himself out in the mirror, and practiced standing some more!






Does: he practices standing all. the. time. and he found the heater in his room and it has become one of his preferred places to be...just like the girls! He plays with his toys, crawls all over the house in search of me and makes some of the best noises.  Overall he is quite the happy baby and has such a sweet disposition.  We are so so thankful for him!


 

 


Mama: Oh my word!  Getting to spend a couple of days with just me and him was just the best!  I absolutely loved not having to constantly tell his sisters to "leave him be"!! what a vacation that was.  I received a call from someone interested in my horse, Ragtime, and the weather has been fairly decent so I have been getting outside and working with her/riding her/cleaning up all the poop.  She is still here so I don't know if the interested party is going to come through but having the motivation to get out there and work with her has been great.  Rags has been so awesome each time I've gone out there that I have had to have multiple conversations with myself that I am preparing her for sale and not going to keep her.  But each time I am out there with her, new life is breathed into me and I begin to wonder if I can carve out some time to spend with her on a more routine and consistent basis....maybe I can keep her? NOPE!! The life she is living is not the life I had imagined for her and I want her to have something better.  I want her to have a dedicated owner that will be motivated to go out (no matter the weather) and work with her, to spend time with her, and do the things with her.  Owning and riding a horse is just not compatible with this season of my life and it's not fair to her to keep her hanging around for when the sun is out and I've checked off all of my other chores in order to go out and ride her.  I have a different vision and purpose for my life and if I get to the point in the future where riding horses can be a part of it, I can always get another horse.  I am absolutely loving my Oils Business and the support we're getting from that.  Additionally I love bringing Wellness into other's homes and giving them the education, ability, and opportunity to support their homes in the multitude of ways that oils can!!!

 


Sisters: Finnley had her birthday and she turned 3!!! I can hardly believe it!! We started talking about it earlier this week and now after 3 days she finally gets that she is Three instead of Two!! She requested to go to the beach, to the park, and to an indoor play area.  We ate at the Spaghetti Factory for her birthday lunch and she refused to eat any of her food....including the Ice Cream.  She has so much personality and is talking so much more, I love learning the things that she likes and helping her work through all the things.  Her love for Séamus is fierce and I really wouldn't want it any other way.  Ellie had a blast during Spring Break, and then has been hanging out at home with us due to her fever.  She still loves to help out, wants to do all the dangerous things, and has gotten quite into reading Dr. Seuss books!  It has been so magical watching her learn how to put letters and sounds into words and to start reading!!! Seeing how it is finally clicking in her brain is the best ever!  She is a people pleaser, helper, and independent thrill seeker!  Every day I am amazed at how lucky we are to have such a good first daughter to help out with the crazies we got after her!!



Previous Weeks:



Finnley at 38 weeks
Ellie at 38 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley