Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 46

Oh my gosh...the weeks are just flying by and here we are at 46 weeks.  I can hardly believe how close we are to sweet Séamus being a 1 year old!! I am STILL holding out hope that he is going to walk before he turns ONE and trying my darnedest to get him to do it!


Sleeps: sweet little Séamus is still sleeping in his crib through the night until about 4-5am when he comes in for a much needed morning nursing session.  He has been falling asleep again afterwards and seeing his sweet sleeping face right there next to me is theee best!  We've been home a bit more this week and managed to get a few naps in his crib as well which is always nice.


Eats: the boobiest boy there ever was!! I just adore breastfeeding, so much more than I thought I would and love that he loves it too.  It's become such a natural thing for us that I don't ever want it to stop.  He is being a bit more adventurous with his eating and tried lemons this week! Despite the faces he makes I think he actually likes them because he keeps putting the darn things back in his mouth! Which is such a different experience with Finnley - she just could NOT!! He is digging all the finger foods and it a meat eater!




 Does: Séamus boy loves to get into baskets.  He pulled out our shoe basket in our entryway and threw all the shoes out and then climbed inside, he does the same thing with the warming drawer of our oven 😳! He would climb into the dishwasher too if we let him, but that is a big NO-NO!! I remember growing up and my parents let our dogs lick the dirty plates in the dishwasher, one time one of them climbed their feet onto the door and pulled the whole dishwasher out from under the counter due to their weight - so I have a fear of that happening...no babies on the dishwasher ever.  He is still cruising all around, his tooth finally cut through on Tuesday! It's such a relief because I was getting worried about his gum being infected, it looked like it had a yellowish tint to it instead of the white I've been accustomed to with the girls.  Our dentist suggested I clean his mouth with a wet washcloth or try a toothbrush, so I did both and there was a little bleeding and then his tooth cut through and I hope we're in the clear!  And he LOVES the bath, sometimes when he is a bit crabby I am able to just put him in the bath!




Goes: little Séamus went out to dinner with me on Thursday for happy hour with Marit and we gave him his first lemon which he oddly enjoyed.  He was the perfect little gentleman despite being very uncomfortable with his swollen gums.  Then we went over the mountains on Saturday to celebrate my MILs 60th birthday and got to ride in their RV to the dealership so that they could make some repairs.  The girls really enjoyed the ride, once Séamus finally calmed down I had a chance to read some of my book (here) and then all four of us took a nap on the drive!  Thomas and his mom drove separately and we went to this amazing park on the river with a zipline, climbing wall, swings, and climbing structures, a wading pool, and so much green space and big trees.  After that we went to dinner and had the BEST food ever, including lemons for the little man 😂.  Finnley stayed at Nanny and Papa's while the rest of us went home for school and work.  It was so strange to have just one kid at home during the day and I was actually able to get a lot accomplished (not this post though 😏), I even made it to the post office with just one child and it was so relaxing.







Mama: I have been doing my best to live in the moment and soak up everything.  I am still working hard at my business and trying to come up with new ways to grow and be successful.  Having your own business isn't easy and it requires a lot of work.  Thankfully Thomas is super supportive and sees the potential with this business and is just as excited to get there as I am, we had the chance to really discuss it and other great adult conversations on our drive over the mountains and back and to really just get to know each other more.  I am loving these drives more and more and am looking forward to our trip to Ireland where we'll have even more chances at these conversations and grow together.  There is definitely something to be said about marrying your best friend and having a true partner in life.  Where I drop the ball, he picks it up.  Where he needs encouragement, I'm here to give it. It goes both ways and it's so beautiful.



Sisters: Ellie is still going around telling everyone that she is 6.  She is such a gentle heart, is so kind, observant, and remembers everything.  She is reading now and it's the most spectacular thing.  She loves to be on technology which isn't the best but here we are.  She loves to play with her sister and be in charge of how and what they're playing.  In true big sister form, she knows what gets her sister bothered and intentionally gets her going.  Finnley is as fierce as ever.  We have an evaluation appointment coming up next week to see if she might have some sort of sensory processing thing going on.  She is the sweetest girl there ever was, her voice is so kind and genuine, she loves to help out and is so particular about things.  Both girls are still obsessed with Séamus, though I think that Finnley is more attached since they get to spend more time together while Ellie is at school.  I have a feeling that Finnley is going to be the glue for the three of them and once little man starts walking (and stops destroying) they are all going to get along so so well.  They all make my heart so full and make the journey to them so very very worth it!



Previous Weeks

Finnley at 46 weeks
Ellie at 46 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley