Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 45

I'm over two weeks behind posting this...but I'll change the posting date to the correct one mmmkay?  I'll try to do my best remembering all that we did.  Sweet Séamus was much more agreeable this week for his photo ops and we had an eventful week too.


Sleeps: we've been busy running all around that little man had to do lots of his naps in the car, which thankfully he doesn't seem to mind and with our trip to Ireland coming up its pretty good practice.  He has also been sleeping through the night in his own room and we're still doing our same nightly routine that's been working so more power to it...thank you oils!


Eats: we're doing this whole Baby Led Weaning thing and I am just winging it...not too sure what it all entails but what I do know is that it's messy.  Shortly after I took these pictures I acknowledged the error of my ways and took his shirt off, just in time!  Séamus is loving feeding himself and is getting better at it, quite a lot of the food ends up in his lap but he's having fun and that is all that matters.  He is still a huge fan of the boob and I love nursing him so I'm not complaining.



Goes: Nanny and Papa came for a visit and brought their RV so the kids all had a great time checking it out.  We all went to Ellie's gymnastics, had Chick-fil-A, and went out to eat at our favorite German restaurant in town.  We went to the park, celebrated Ellie's 6th birthday with her friends at a Bounce House place, and just enjoyed some good family time.







 

 

Does: Séamus is pulling up and cruising all over the place.  He took some steps on his own (by accident) in the RV but hasn't been too adventurous yet.  He had a top tooth that is working on cutting its way through and his gums are SO swollen from it...we're supporting him with some Copaiba and letting him put all the things in his mouth.  He is crawling all around the house pulling up on everything and getting himself into quite a bit of trouble.






Mama: having Ellie's parties not at our house has relieved so much stress for me.  This party was the simplest we've done so far and she loved it!! Part of my loved the simplicity of it while the other part of me felt like I totally dropped the ball and didn't do much at all to make the party "special".  Ellie was so excited about her Unicorn Party and I had zero decorations...except a cake to honor the theme.  I don't think she noticed and all the kids had a blast so I can let it slide...but this mom guilt I tell ya!  Then I started feeling guilty that we didn't have a big To-Do for Finnley's 3rd birthday either and just feel like I never even picked up the ball...those are my own insecurities and I need to let them go.  I have been begging and begging Séamus to start walking and it just isn't happening....yet.  So I am just enjoying this crawling stage while its here.  I have also been doing a lot of personal development and have been diving into "The Road Back To You" about the Enneagram, I am a solid 3 and embrace that wholeheartedly.  It has been so fascinating to learn about the other numbers and to create more of an understanding about how others think, feel, and respond to their world.



Sisters: their love for their brother is as strong as ever.  Finnley is forever concerned about him "following the rules"....though she has a hard time doing that herself 😜and is also really really good about playing with him.  Ellie is working hard at school, learning how to read and is the best at entertaining both her siblings.  Somehow both girls know how to help soothe Séamus when he is getting upset and always find the right toy for him.  They both love to carry him around, Ellie especially when she is working on building something in her room is an expert at removing the destroyer to another part of the house.  Finnley is doing well in Preschool and enjoys going.  I've gotten a few videos of her participating in their singing songs and its the cutest to see her dancing around.  Both girls are loving getting into their presents from their birthdays and 
coloring/painting/drawing is a common pastime for both of them.  I am not quite sure what I did to deserve such perfect children but I am so glad they're mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley