Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 52

What!! He's basically ONE!! Tomorrow is the big big day!  I remember one year ago, a bunch of Thomas's family was in town from Nebraska and we all got together for dinner at The Spaghetti Factory.  I was so ready to have the baby and while I was so glad to get to spend time with all the Parsonses I was really wishing I wasn't there because I had a baby in my arms...well the next day he decided to make his appearance!  

Séamus's last week as a baby!


Eats: I was so afraid that he wasn't going to want my boobs when I came home from YL Convention this week...but thankfully he was so excited to latch right back on.  While I was gone I did a lot of pumping to keep up my supply - airport pump rooms are the worst, and back home he ate a ton of Mac'n'cheese, pouches, puffs, grapes, and berries, and hotdogs, and any other foods Thomas gave him.  Thomas really tried to stay on top of his food intake and it seemed to work out just fine.  He tried warming up some of my frozen milk but Séamus wanted absolutely nothing to do with it, he was more interested in Whole Milk or Water actually.  Once I got back home we continued to feed him solids but my boobs were is dire need of a baby sucking that I just kept latching him on.  I can hardly believe that we have made it a full year of breastfeeding, of course it was my ultimate goal to make it this long and I am so so grateful that we persisted and are going to go beyond a year!!



Sleeps: while I was at Convention Séamus was a great little sleeper for Thomas.  He slept through the night in his crib, took his naps in the crib, and pretty much gave Thomas the easiest 3 days imaginable.  Then I got home and he was reunited with the boob.  He has come into our bed the past few nights for some nighttime suckling and as I mentioned above, I eagerly welcomed him so that I could have some great release.  He is back to napping in his crib and on the go...as we do.  Still tends to go to bed right around 7:30 which is just grand.

Does: he is actually and really walking!!! He really started to take off once he got home and Thomas said that he went from crawling 70% of the time to 40% of the time over the first 2 days they were home.  Then when I got home he was walking about 85% of the time and now we rarely see him crawling around!! I cannot express how excited I am that he is walking before he turns one!!  He claps his hands, gets the biggest grin when we say "boobies", says daDA!, and all sorts of squeals and giggles.





Goes: the airport to pick me up, several parks, out shopping, grocery stores, and we took the girls to the dentist....it was Finnley's first time, Ellie's third visit, and we were told that we really need to be more diligent with their oral care #liveandlearn.  We went to meet up with my friend at her Busy Toddler meet up on Sunday and it was incredible the turn out she had.  SO freaking proud of her, the kids had such a great time and I loved getting to watch them experience all the new activities.  The water room was a huge hit, as was the toddler room where all three of them had a blast with the baby proof area! Thomas took Ellie to his parents so I took the littles for a visit to WiggleWorks before Séamus turned a year old so that we could enjoy it with him for free one last time and it was our best visit yet!! Finnley finally made it onto the air jumper and went down the big blowup slide...every time before this she has been waaaaay too fearful and afraid to do it.  We went to a park and met up with another one of my besties and went out to lunch together, Séamus was too excited about walking to sit in the high chair (or my arms) so I let him walk around the restaurant, like I swore I'd never do, and had to repeatedly get up from our booth to snatch him up before he walked into the kitchen.  He proceeded to dump an entire glass of water all over us when I did manage to get him to sit in my lap and it was basically a complete cluster...and I cannot wait to go and do it all over again.  Because the more we go out and do these things the more used to it he'll get and *fingers crossed* the better he'll get at it.












Mama: Oh My Word! we have come to the end of an era!! My sweet little boy isn't so much a baby anymore and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Sure Séamus is going to give me a run for my money, I can tell already, but life is going to be so much easier now that he can walk and participate!
I had thee best time at Convention with my people.  I learned so much, was encouraged so much, got to meet so many wonderful and amazing women, got first hand experience with all the Young Living products, and am even more fired up about bringing wellness into the homes of my family and friends.  It was such an amazing experience to finally meet my business partners in person after years and years of following each others blogs and commenting and creating friendships.  Who would have told us that 5.5 years ago that Young Living would bring us together and make such a positive impact on our lives? However it worked out I am so forever thankful for this.


Sisters: they had so much fun with all their one-on-one time with Thomas.  Getting to do all the fun things and soak up every second with him.  They are still obsessed with Séamus and so excited that he is walking, they tell everyone they meet that "Séamus can walk now!"  The bond and love between the three of them is something that just makes my heart so so happy, because it is my biggest desire to raise them to not just be siblings but to be friends.  Every day we focus on nurturing their relationships with each other and I am blown away at how much they all truly love each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley