Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Wednesday Weekly - Week 51

One week to go?!!!? I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by.  I feel like I have soaked it up as much as possible but seriously we are approaching the best stage yet so I am happy to kiss this "baby stage" goodbye and embrace all the goodness that is yet to come.

Week 51


Eats: girlfriend has been a little off this week with her food, she is really digging all of the fruit pouches that I have been giving her and is killing it at self feeding her puffs.  She holds her bottle on her own but is starting to seem disinterested in it about half the time.  I really need to up my game at incorporating the sippy cup this week and trying to have her drink at least one formula feeding a day out of it.







Sleeps: we had a few days where we were so busy that little darling didn't get a proper nap but she's been doing really well at going with the flow...though she does fair much better is she gets in a solid nap.  She is usually taking a quick nap in the morning around 9 if our schedule allows and then her solid 2+ hour nap happens around 12:30.  She is usually done with life around 7-7:30pm and ready to just go to bed for a good 11+ hours.  She is sleeping in her crib all night with her stuffed animals and a light blanket.


Goes: Finnley has been all over the place this week.  We went to ballet and gymnastics for Ellie, swimming for our Nanny kids, to the mall, up North to check out all the Daffodils/Tulip Fields, out to eat several times, to my MIL's Retirement Party, and to the Zoo!!  She was quite the champ at our outings with the exception of one and seriously is just a delight all around.  We met up with Ellie's birth family this week and Finnley tagged along and we all got on so well.















Does: makes lots of noises but for sure is saying "dadadada" and "momomom", she makes the funniest of faces and it just cracks me up all the time.  She can clap her hands, pull up on everything and get herself to a standing position all by herself without the assistance of anything nearby.  She took 1 step today and both Thomas and I were able to see it - light at the end of the tunnel!!! Hopefully she'll be walking by next week!!





Loves: picnics are all the rage out here on the farm when the weather is cooperating.  I just picked up this awesome picnic blanket at Costco (similar) the other week and can forsee getting lots of use out of it this year.  Finnley is also really enjoying going on swings...the pictures below may not necessarily show that but she really does have a blast.





We also took her out on the farm to get better acquainted with our farm animals and she was less than impressed with the goats and horses...rather I think I'd say she was very hesitant of them and would have preferred to be about 10 feet away from them...sorry babe but they're a part of our life and you're just going to have to embrace them ;)


Mama: this week was a little stressful for me as we were anticipating a visit with Ellie's birth family.  I just put a lot of stress and burden on myself hoping that the visit went well.  They were here for 3 days and we had dinner twice and went to the zoo together.  Thankfully it all went really well and Ellie was super well behaved and overly kind.  If you follow me on IG (@lifeonthefarm) or Snapchat (@alifeonthefarm) you know that we are replacing the floors in the bedrooms, so our house has been a total chaotic mess the last few days as we cleared out the girls rooms in preparation. Now we are working on clearing out our Master (and I want to paint first!!!) so I just like to add one giant ball of stress right on top on another. Finnley was a rockstar this week and really has allowed me to enjoy these last few weeks of her babyhood.  I just can't get over how much I love getting to stay home with my girls and being a part of their life every day.




Sister: Ellie absolutely loved showing off her baby sister to her birth family this week, I can't express how happy that made my heart.  She also really enjoyed showing Finnley all about the Tulip Fields and how to play on playgrounds...if only Finnley would walk she could partake ;)  Finnley just adores her sister and still prefers to hang out in Ellie's room over any other place in the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley